For purposes of our home security, we must use a suitable locking system that can help us to live a life without tension and with the safety of our assets. It is achievable if we acquire the proper lock having all disengaging functions of a perfect locking system. There are various renowned companies available nowadays working on this topic who have prepared some useful and crucial locking systems for our use. Among such systems, we can consider digital door locks which are used on door handles and door levers for a high-quality security option and are highly popular.
Digital locks are the type of locking system available for our doors of industries, airports, and other relevant places like hotels. Usually, we do not need such a high-quality locking system for our house as these locks are not cheap and are more effective than the needs of our home. These door locks require a more significant confirmation to unlock them which is necessary for essential cases regarding top security. As to purchase such a lock is a considerable cost, we better make an excellent analysis of available options before doing so.
Types of Digital Locks
There are a few different types of digital locks to choose from, but each of these locks provides better protection than traditional locks because criminals are unable to pick them. Also, digital door locks have an alarm that will sound if your door is somehow forced open, adding another layer of protection. Getting locked out of your home or misplacing your keys are a thing of the past when you have a digital door lock installed.
Digital and available key entry
Some people instead use the traditional keys method to unlock doors. These units are made to accept both digital pin number entry and the use of a key for those with the need for both options. Not all members of a household will prefer the same method. These locks give you the opportunity to use either traditional or digital means separately, and some can be configured to require both ways of entry before the door is unlocked.
Digital Card Readers
Digital card readers allow users to carry a credit card sized key in their wallet or purse, much like the hotel room keys we are accustomed to using when we travel. Users do not have to remember pin numbers or carry around traditional essentials.
Keypad locks are also a very secure option. They utilize a pin number or code to disable to signal and unlock the door. Pin numbers can usually be customized from 2 to 7 number combination, and programmed to use a different combination for separate individuals.
Some digital door locks will require professional installation, but many can make the installation a do it yourself project. Whichever lock you choose, you will have peace of mind knowing that you are providing better protection for your home and family. Each of these options has benefits.
Why install home digital lock?
There are numerous benefits you can reap with this system installed at your work or home, some of which are:
1) Complete Safety – You won’t have to worry about your prized possessions or your beloved family’s security with this automated system. Besides, thieves will have a hard time breaking this system, which means that chances of illegal entry will decrease if not completely diminish.
2) Convenience – This benefit is in divisions of multiple levels. First off, you will get be free from having to carry keys around. It is especially crucial for those who tend to misplace their keys often. These locks are also convenient because they save you from having to locate your keys, especially when you have your hands full with papers or groceries.
3) Remote Operation – If your property or office is large, you can efficiently operate the lock remotely. As a result, you won’t have to go up and down the stairs or send someone to open the door. You will, however, require adding an audio or video system as well to hear or see whoever is coming in.
4) Durability – The general bias on electronics is that they are more prone to fail out or short circuit. Digital locks have been specially constructed to be kings of durability. They are made electric discharge resistant and can withstand all kinds of weather. They mostly come with tamper-resistant door screws that would keep any burglar out. The internal components are hardwired inside a metal ring which ensures homeowners that it will not undergo tapping through wireless devices. If the door is damaged, the fail secure feature makes sure the door won’t open quickly.
5) Preventing Key Loss Incidents – Usage of a digital door lock also prevents incidents of lost keys as there are no keys would be required to open doors. Believe it or not, lost keys also promote burglary. Burglars get quick access to all the valuable things they want to steal when they have useful keys in their hands. Since it allows the use of access codes which are evident amongst family members, no one can be left behind or outdoor due to lack of access. Also, there would be no additional expenses to get the keys copied or duplicated.
6) User Control – Installation of any one of the above-mentioned is essential if you want to control the traffic of people entering your house, property or business. It can trim the number of these people to only a few whom you trust or are members of the family. Thus, you get an assurance that intruders are at bay. More so, you know that your loved ones have protection inside your home.